General treatment aftercare advice
- Rest and relax as much as possible. Resting assists the muscles in relaxing and helps the benefits of massage last longer.
- Ensure you drink plenty of water or herbal teas which will help flush out any toxins released by your treatment.
- Practice deep breathing exercises whilst relaxing your shoulders.
- Keep yourself warm.
- Take extra care when driving as your reactions may be slower.
Here are some ongoing lifestyle tips to help you in everyday life
- Ensure you partake in regular exercise.
- Try to walk whenever possible.
- Practice deep breathing exercises to help you relax.
- Eat plenty of fruit and vegetables in your everyday diet.
- Drink plenty of water each day.
- Pay attention to your general posture.
- Sitting and walking up straight is important.
Avoidance after your massage
To continue feeling the benefits of your treatment, and aid your body in it's healing process, try to avoid the following activities:
- Avoid eating a heavy meal for 2-3 hours as your body is in a healing state and eating may make you feel nauseous.
- Caffeinated drinks such as tea, coffee or alcohol as these could cause dehydration.
- Any strenuous activities for a few hours.
It's always best to listen to the needs of your body and try to react to what it requires.
Possible after effects
You may experience some minor after effects from your treatment, however these should usually pass within 24 to 48 hours. These effects are caused due to the toxins being released from your body, the stimulation of the lymphatic system and the relaxation of your body.
Here are the possible effects:
- Increased thirst
- Stiffness or aching muscles
- More frequent urination or bowel movements
- Runny nose or coughing
- Nausea or feeling light headed
- Heightened emotions or vivid dreams
- Spots may appear on skin. (massage and facial)
After your body has adjusted, you should feel calmer, relaxed and a better sense of well being.
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
T: 07479 636906