Massage treatments are beneficial to the body and mind. Our lives are all very busy and we take on stress in our body and mind without realising. Manual labour, repetitive movements and working for long periods of time without moving all cause stress on your body which can be relieved with massage.
Massage manually stimulates the muscles of the body aiding in the breakdown of tension nodules and leaves the skin feeling smoother and softer. During massage the temperature of the skin is increased, therefore increasing blood flow which helps with distributing nutrients around the body and eliminating toxins. Regular massage will assist in the skin texture and appearance, and muscle tone can be improved.
By using flowing movements towards the heart, this increases blood flow and aids our body in lymphatic drainage.
The psychological effect of massage are:
- Creates a sense of well being and health.
- Increases energy.
- Gives you a better awareness of your posture.
- Promotes relaxation.
- Stress relief and improved mood.
The physiological effects of massage are:
- Increases your blood circulation and can lower blood pressure.
- Improves your skin condition.
- Enhances joint mobility.
- Helps your skin rejuvenation and tone.
- Aids the body in lymphatic drainage.
- Improves the absorption of nutrients in the body.
- Loosens and relaxes muscle tissues and helps with muscle fatigue.
- Promotes better sleep patterns.
- Has a balancing effect on your nervous system.
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
T: 07479 636906